Castor oil is known to have many benefits, but one of its most widely recognized is its positive effect on hair growth. If you are concerned about thinning hair, then you might want to use castor oil for hair growth. Stimulating hair growth is not the only thing this useful oil can do for your hair. Castor oil has several benefits for your hair, and can not only make it thicker, but can also leave it smoother and easier to manage. If you want to learn more about castor oil for hair growth, continue reading this article.
Many castor oil users experience significant improvement in their hair when they start using castor oil. What makes castor oil particularly great for the hair is the fact that it is a rich source of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants help fight free radicals in the environment that may damage your skin and hair. Furthermore, castor oil promotes healthy blood circulation in the scalp, paving the way for a full head of beautiful hair.
Here are some of the benefits of castor oil for your hair:
- Acts as a hair moisturizer and conditioner – Castor oil contains omega-9 fatty acids that help lock moisture in to your hair and scalp, thus making your hair appear shinier than usual. Castor oil is often applied 15 minutes before shampooing the hair, but you can also use it as a conditioner after shampoo application. Another way to keep your hair moisturized is by applying a drop or two of castor oil to your hair at night before sleeping, then rinsing it out in the morning.
- Moisturizes scalp and treats scalp infections – Since castor oil contains antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties, it can help treat common scalp infections that cause itchiness and bald patches. Its moisturizing action can also help get rid of a dry scalp that becomes the breeding ground for dandruff, thus reducing the occurrence of dandruff and potentially removing it altogether in the long run.
- Reduces hair breakage and split ends – Not only is castor oil great for hair growth, but also for improving the health and appearance of your existing hair. Aside from vitamin E and omega-9 fatty acids, castor oil also contains omega-6 fatty acids and amino acids that help heal rough hair cuticles, resulting in smoother hair, less breakage and fewer split ends.
Does Castor Oil Make Hair Grow?
The best known hair benefit of castor oil is its effectiveness is stimulating hair growth. Indeed, castor oil and hair growth go hand in hand for many people trying to grow thicker, healthier hair. There are many castor oil products in the marketplace being sold as hair growth supplements.
Castor oil for hair growth works by boosting the blood circulation in your hair follicles, leading to increased hair growth. If you are not suffering from any type of baldness but find your hair is getting thinner, this could be a sign that you need to start trying to grow your hair using hair supplements. Castor oil can also help you with that, since regular use of this product promotes the growth of thicker hair. There is no need to purchase expensive hair growth products when the use of castor oil alone may be enough to solve all your hair problems.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Growth
Although plain castor oil for hair growth is already effective, there is one particular variant of castor oil that is deemed to be the best when it comes to stimulating hair growth and contributing to beautiful, thick, shiny tresses. Jamaican black castor oil is often dubbed as a miracle worker for hair and skin.
Jamaican black castor oil is similar to regular castor oil, but is black in color. The black color comes from the ashes that were derived from the purification process and then added to the castor oil. According to black castor oil manufacturers, the ashes add to the potency of black castor oil for hair growth, so even if it is not as pure as regular castor oil, it is considered a more effective type of castor oil for hair growth. Indeed, many users have testified to the amazing effects of Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth.
How to Use Castor Oil for Hair Growth
If you want to use castor oil for hair growth, follow these simple steps:
- Pour a small amount of castor oil into your palms. A couple of drops of castor oil will do; its thick consistency makes it difficult to rinse out if you use too much.
- Massage the oil into your scalp then distribute it all along the hair shaft from the roots to tips.
- Let the oil sit for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with shampoo and warm water.
- For a deeper treatment, apply the oil as above but leave it on overnight. Wrap your hair in a towel when sleeping to prevent the oil staining your bed linen, then wash and shampoo your hair in the morning.
If you are having problems with your hair, especially with hair loss or thinning, try using castor oil as a simple solution. You might find you obtain better results than by using other, more expensive, hair growth supplements in the market.